To get the most out of your palo santo, we highly recommend following these steps with every burn.
- Light a flame at one end of the palo santo stick until it catches fire
- Allow the wood to burn for a few moments, then blow the fire out
- Similar to saging, wave the palo santo stick around an object or space that needs cleansing. Optional: leave palo santo stick in a smudge bowl/ashtray and let burn
- Allow the smoke to rise and fill your physical space, clearing any negative thoughts and energy
- Each palo santo stick may be relit several times
- Optional: Open a window or door with each use to allow excessive smoke and negative energies to escape the room.
- Never leave palo santo burning unattended, near a draft, or in reach of children or pets
More to Know:
Palo Santo, also known as “holy wood” is an aromatic wood used for centuries by the Incas and indigenous people of the Andes as a spiritual remedy for purifying and cleansing, as well as healing.
Caution: Failure to follow instructions could result in fire hazard, injury, or smoke damage. Keep out of drafts. Discontinue use when only 1 inch of palo santo stick remains. Do not touch the burning side of the palo santo stick. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Never leave a burning palo santo stick unattended.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN