How To Use:
To get the most out of your candle, we highly recommend following these steps with every burn.
- Trim your candle’s wick to ¼” before each burn
- Allow the wax to melt to the edges of the jar during each burn to prevent tunneling. This is especially important on the first burn.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended, near a draft, or in reach of children or pets.
- Total candle burn time: 60-70 hours. Don’t burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Protect the surface under the candle.
- Stop burning your candle when only ¼” of wax remains
- Once the candle is gone, follow the instructions inside the candle cover to repurpose your empty jars.
More to Know
- 100% domestically grown soy wax
- Organic hemp wick
- Repurposable terracotta clay pot
Tip: Dedicate some time to care for the candle, especially when lighting a candle for the first time. Proper candle care sets the tone for the quality of life your candle will have.
- Allow wax to melt to the walls of the jar to avoid tunneling.
Tunneling: a dip or hollowness around the wick. Tunneling occurs when you turn off the candle too soon on the first burn.
- Mushrooming: this looks like a literal mushroom on the top of the wick but black in color once it’s been burned. This is easily avoidable if you trim the wick ¼” before every burn. If you forget to trim the wick and light the mushroom instead of trimming it, you will end up with soot buildup.
- Soot buildup: black smoke around the walls of the candle’s container.
Once the wax is finished, we hope that you repurpose your empty jars! Paint on them or use them as planters to grow something you can use.
FYI: Our hemp wick candles are hand-made from terra cotta clay (which naturally make great planters) and come with various seeds! Just *safely* drill a hole (approx. ¼ inch in diameter) on the bottom center of the empty pot (this allows water to go through the soil). Then fill the pot with regular potting soil to the top, sprinkle seeds and cover very lightly with soil.
Caution: Failure to follow instructions could result in fire hazards, injury, or smoke damage. Keep wax free of matches, wick trimmings, and other flammable materials. Keep wick centered & trimmed to ¼” to prevent smoking & soot build up on the container or other items. Burn only on a stable heat resistant surface for not more than 4 hours at a time. Keep out of drafts. Discontinue use when only ½” of wax remains on the bottom. Do not move the candle while burning or if wax is hot. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN